b Scroll Up
- High Tech or High Touch to Age in Place? High Tech or High Touch to Age in Place? Will Video chat and online telecommunications really make it possible? When I read the NYT article Choices Give New Meaning to “home Sweet Home” http://www.nytimes.com/2013/09/10/business/retirementspecial/choices-give-new-meaning-to-home-sweet-home.html?pagewanted=all&_r=2& My first reaction was they are missing the main points of what is needed in Senior Care and Aging in Place
. Seniors need interpersonal, human, ... Read More
- Improving upon “Life and Death in Assisted Living” “Life and Death in Assisted Living”
is a great article by A.C Thompson for anyone who is involved in any way in senior care. It shows with many example why Assisted Living often fails as a care setting. My comments add hope and practical ways to improve on this unfortunate system that is described in this ... Read More
- Assisted Living, Nursing Home, Home Care-If they only knew the value of continuity of care! Choosing any care setting, Assisted Living or Nursing Home is difficult not because of the physical plant but because the care is delegated, there is not one responsible person or team and the care team changes every time the care needs change. Indeed, the hospitalist does not talk to the pcp, the pcp never or ... Read More
- Hospital and Nursing Home InActivity VS Exercise in Assisted Living Hospital and Nursing Home Inactivity Vs Assisted Living Is Nursing Home rehabbing the best exercise after the hospital or is Assisted Living with structured care and doing daily exercise a comparable choice? This NYT article raises a good question about activity in the hospital and by extension Nursing Home Rehab where you are on your feet 43 minutes a day. ... Read More
- Aging is By Choice! Find out how. •50-70% of Aging is by choice after Age 30! While many will question that it is true. First, we need to explain after age 30. Early in life genetic diseases express themselves and those people often die or are identified. But after age 30 much more of aging is by the choices we make. After age 30 we ... Read More
- Laughter is good Medicine. Find Assisted Living that makes you Laugh! Laughter is good Medicine even when you need Assisted Living Care. Laughter might be better medicine than most pills for treating emotional health, wellbeing and sense of belonging. We need to laugh with other people so look for Assisted Living Care Settings that Make you Laugh.
COMMEDY QUESTION Let me “make your day” Laughing is great medicine. ... Read More
- Three Best Ways to Save Lives. Doctors are the Human Element! Three Best ways to save lives! Doctors are just a distant third!!
But doctors are the Human Element and the Factor you need to use your individual Health and life resources!
Doctors are third line of life savers to 1) Public Health and sewers and 2) Research and antibiotics. While Doctors are a distant 3) over all to ... Read More
- 10 Things Assisted Living Homes wont tell you! 10 Things Assisted Living Homes wont tell you!! Smart money tells you what to watch out for when dealing with an Assisted Living Sales Person. We generally take a more postive view and talk about focusing on continuity of care and complete care but felt this was right on and wanted to share it. We especially note how ... Read More
- ALZHEIMER’S and DEMENTIA CARE COST MORE THAN CANCER OR HEART DISEASE! CNNMoney reports on a New England Journal of Medicine article that notes the cost of Alzheimers and Dementia care is already more than the cost of heart disease and will continue to rise. Read the article here Dementia Care costs top $100 billion
The headlines are clear.
A new study puts the cost of treating Alzheimer’s and other forms ... Read More
- Dementia Care-Exercise, social interaction may trump meds for Dementia Care I am glad that medicine is starting to study Dementia Care and emotional health and wellness as much as they are able.
Many many not know that most studies SPECIFICALLY EXCLUDE FEELINGS, SOCIAL INTERACTIONS AND WHAT DOCTORS CALL TRANSFERENCE. I understand why they do so. They do so to allow them to focus on variables ... Read More