Adult Day Care FAQ’S
Important questions to ask the adult day care center(s) you are considering;
- How long has it been operating ?
- Who owns or sponsors the adult day care center ?
- Is it licensed or certified? (If required in your country or state)
- What are the days and hours of operation ?
- What are the staff’s credentials, and what is the ratio of staff to participants ?
- Is transportation to and from the adult day care center provided ?
- Which conditions are accepted (e.g., memory loss, limited mobility, incontinence) ?
- Are meals and snacks included? Do they accommodate special diets ?
- What activities are offered? Are there a variety of individual and group programs ?
- What options are there for increased care when needed ?
- What happens if there is a medical issue or emergency during the time at the adult day care ? like a fall, or new onset of pain?